Preventive dental care is important throughout your life, no matter your age. By practicing good oral hygiene at home and scheduling regular checkups with your dentist, you can help keep your smile bright and healthy for many years to come. Here are a few simple ways that you can prevent the build-up of plaque and cavities:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Use fluoride toothpaste to remove food particles and plaque from the tooth surfaces. Also be sure to brush the top surface of your tongue; this will remove any extra plaque-causing food particles, and help keep your breath fresh!
- Clean between your teeth by flossing at least once a day. You can also use a mouthwash to help kill bacteria and freshen your breath. Decay-causing bacteria can linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach. Floss and mouthwash will help remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line.
- Eat a balanced diet, and try to avoid extra-sugary treats. Nutritious foods such as raw vegetables, plain yogurt, cheese, or fruit can help keep your smile healthy.
- Remember to schedule regular checkups with your dentist every six months for a professional teeth cleaning.
- Ask your dentist about dental sealants, protective plastic coatings that can be applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth where decay often starts.
- If you play sports, be sure to ask your dentist about special mouthguards designed to protect your smile.
If it’s been six months since your last dental checkup, then it’s time to contact our practice and schedule your next appointment!
Over 300 Five-Star Success Stories & Counting!
We want our one-of-a-kind holistic care to earn a rave review from you, too! Contact us now to get started.
Talk with Us!
We want to help you achieve a naturally attractive smile and optimal mouth/body health. Let's get started. Tell us a bit about your needs, and we will reach out to you shortly.
4459 Lawrenceville Hwy. Tucker, GA 30084
Monday - Thursday: 7am to 3pm
Friday: Call for appointment
Copyright © Rose Dental