Holistic Dentist Atlanta – Biological Dentistry
Mercury Free/Mercury Safe to Ensure Your Health
Biological dentistry, also known as holistic dentistry, operates according to the idea that your teeth and gums are an integral part of your body and thus your overall health, and recognizes that your oral and dental health can have a major influence on the overall disease processes and prevention in your body. Understanding this, the primary aim of holistic dentistry is to resolve your dental problems while working in harmony with the rest of your body.
As a mother of 2 beautiful young children, Dr. Aaron understands how important it is in today’s day and age to maintain a healthy environment free of toxins that can impede with the body’s systems that maintain our health. At Rose Dental we, therefore, do not use Mercury-containing materials for filling cavities. Instead, we use Composite materials that are free of Bisphenol-a and Phthalates.
Safe mercury amalgam removal
This is a very important step for anyone wishing to begin the journey to systemic and biological dental care and achieve better overall systemic health. We, therefore, utilize the following procedure for safely removing and disposing of the mercury-containing tooth fillings:
- Rubber dam to prevent any mercury from seeping into your mouth cavity during the removal procedure.
- High-speed suction at the site serves as the first line of defense to keep any vapors or particles from escaping into the air.
- Direct oxygen via nasal hood so that you can breath easy and calmly knowing that you will not be breathing in any mercury vapors.
- Proper ventilation in our facility that filters out heavy metals from the air.
- Mercury and heavy metal collector built into our suction system to properly dispose of and prevent the leeching into the water supply of dangerous heavy metals including mercury.
- Activated charcoal rinse post removal to assure that all remaining traces of mercury are removed from your mouth.
Contact us directly for more information on our other oral/systemic health policies and procedures.